Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Philippians 4:4


Tuesday, January 8, 2013 (7:29 a.m.)
Awesome God,
The wind is blowing and I'm not a huge fan of it. Talk to me about being grateful even now. I could very easily take a side trip to complaining and negativity. Thank You Father that I would rather not.
Thank You that the moment I started thanking You, singing started as well. Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say “Rejoice!” Thank You that in typing that out I noticed that Lord and Word are only one letter apart. Thank You that for this very moment, the wind has settled way down. Thank You Father, thank You.
Philippians 4:4. I'm liking the J.B. Phillips New Testament translation this morning. “Delight yourselves in God, yes, find your joy in Him at all times.” Delight. Be glad. Always be joyful. Full of joy. Celebrate God.
Oh look what The Knox Bible says, “Joy to you in the Lord at all times; once again I wish you joy.” Mm. “I wish you joy.” Always be filled with joy. Always be glad because of the Lord!
So today I am going to practice being joyful. Filled with joy. Glad. Delighted. It's a tall order. One I cannot do alone. But just yesterday we ascertained that “I can do all things because Christ gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).
You keep working in me. Then I'll be ready to move on to verse five. “Have a reputation for gentleness, and never forget the nearness of your Lord.” Ah, yes. Please Dearest God. Make it so.
Thank You for the reminder to rejoice. Always. Even in the wind. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your goodness. Kindness. Faithfulness. Joy. Thank You that I get to be included and surrounded by all the fruit of Your Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
Continue Your work in me this day, making me worthy to be called Your child. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(326 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment