Wednesday, January 30, 2013

7:25


Wednesday, January 30, 2013 (7:39 a.m.)
Father God,
You are good. Good. Good! I was feeling sad. Sadder. Saddest. I was half-hearted in my time with You yesterday. Easily distracted. Uninterested. Indifferent. And still You love me.
We have structural damage to our house. Problems were ignored. Now one thing keeps leading to another.
Yesterday I moped. Brooded. Felt sorry for myself. And earlier this morning You took over again with these three numerals: 7, 2, 5. I had no idea where they would take me, until I read the following in The Message.
“These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on. If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit – but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock” (Matthew 7:24-25).
Daddy God, thank You. I referred to as 'Daddy' late into last night. There was great comfort in remembering that not only are You a formidable Father, You are also our approachable Dad. Thank You.
Thank You that right in the midst of that thought, the husband and I worked together to flesh out the song that had come to me as a result. With a strength like no other And the heart of a Father How majestic Your whispers What a wonderful God
Yes! Wonderful God, thank You for taking my discouraged, sad self and reminding me that You are building this marriage to weather the storms of homeowner improvements. While we may become daunted by the task, YOU remain good. Solid.
Look. Right there. Another song. On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand My hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus' blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesus' name...
Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. Be in and with me this day as I work toward glorifying You and Your eternal Kingdom, not this temporary structure.
Thank You for loving us so much. Enable and empower us to love You as we ought. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(391 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment