Monday, January 28, 2013

re-


Monday, January 28, 2013 (6:29 a.m.)
Remarkable Father,
Thank You! You've done it again. Made me want to rush out here, agog [very eager or curious to hear or see something] with You. Thank You.
Thank You that while awfully slow in coming, sleep did happen. Leaving me feeling rested, renewed, refreshed. Which brings me to a prefix this morning. Not a word.
It began with the word remorse. And then we had repent. The next was rebirth. That's when I noticed it. Re-. When put together these two little letters can pack quite a punch!
Examples of definitions range from: “with return to a previous state” to “in opposition”, “in a withdrawn state; back and away; down”, “with frequentative or intensive force” and “with negative force”.
So many words came flooding to me on the walk down the hallway. React, rebuff, recall, remember... and then the one that made me smile. Rejoice! Father I just love when You remind [I didn't even see that one coming!] me of the things to which You would have me paying attention.
Last night I was aware of the beautifully clear sky and the day old full moon. Earlier this morning it was the dark clouds against the lightening sky that had me relishing [look, another re-!] the cloud game. And just now? Colorful shadings on the same, or perhaps different clouds.
A brief walk outside rewarded [yes, I see it!] me with sights of freshly fallen snow on the mountainsides, sounds of animals and the familiar refrain It's a beautiful morning Father, thank You for blessing me so big with just these two little letters. Let me use them well this day. I love You so much and I long to serve You well. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(299 words ~ 7:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment