Saturday, January 19, 2013

satisfied


Saturday, January 19, 2013 (6:52 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,
Good morning! And thank You. I get to come talk with You every time I want to. Late in the night. Early in the morning. Anytime I want to. There's not a line. Or a busy signal. I just get to come into Your presence anytime I want because You love me.
WOW! How long has it been that I have been truly amazed by the fact that You love me. You really, truly love me.
Can You believe it? I was planning on talking with You this morning about being disappointed. I even looked up the word. “The feeling of sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations”. And the antonym? Satisfaction.
You helped me yesterday. I was feeling sad. Lonely. Afraid. In attempting to share those feelings and the thoughts behind them bigger misunderstandings started to develop. Your Truth kept us from battle. How I thank You for being here with us even in the seemingly minor things.
Thank You that I can think one thing, check it with Your Word and come away knowing something else. Right now for instance. Never would I have thought I would be reading this morning in the book of Ruth. I looked up the word 'satisfied' and found it in The Message. Ruth 1:11-13.
Here I get to read “The Book of Quiet Faith”. The story of a young woman who trusted You and chose to stay with her mother-in-law after experiencing loss upon loss.
“LESSONS [I get to learn] FROM THEIR LIVES: Trust is the necessary foundation for a healthy relationship. Grief is the process that helps us to recover from losses. Those who are grieving need people to stand by them. God is intimately involved in our grief.”
Father I can't even begin to thank You for all this book has to offer me this morning. I confess I still fall back into the habit of 'magical thinking'. If I just think, try, pray, work hard enough MY desires will come to fruition. Thank You God that You are SOOOO much bigger than me.
“'I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work.' God's Decree” (Isaiah 55:8). Father I love You. Thank You that YOU know the plans You have for me (Jeremiah 29:11).
Right now I confess to having fallen back into the trap of comparing myself with others. Here I ask You to apply Your Truth of Galatians 5:25-26 on my life.
“Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.”
In Your Word, in Your Truth, in Your Name I will be satisfied. Thank You for loving me so much that I get to love You in return. Guide me and guard me this day into Your presence and Your glory. I love You so very much. Thank You. Amen.
(562 words ~ 10:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment