Sunday, January 20, 2013

praise and glory


Sunday, January 20, 2013 (7:01 a.m.)
Most Holy and Awesome Father God,
Thank You! Again and again I say to You, “Thank You!” At 10:37 last night, after only an hour of sleep, I woke up wondering why I was already awake. Throughout my thoughts I realized that it didn't really matter. All I truly wanted was for You to be glorified in my life.
Regardless of sleep or pain or any other situation, You being glorified matters! Will You show me how to do exactly that?
From what I am reading right now (1 Peter 4:10-11) it is “with the strength God provides” so the praise and glory will be Yours. That's what is needed. You glorified.
Father, thank You for reminders of the gifts You have given each of us. Too often I am stalled by my own lack of confidence or esteem. Help me put the focus of my everyday life back onto You being praised and glorified.
As I sing one song, asking You to be glorified another begins. Searching it out brings a smile along with further affirmation of Your power.
The Gloria Patri, also known as the Glory Be, I grew up singing it in church on Sundays. Now I find it is also used as a prayer, “Glory be to the Father, And to the Son, And to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, And ever shall be, World without end. Amen.”
Looking it up in The Hymnal, I am referred to Psalm 96:8 where I not only smile but tears come as well. Beginning with verse seven, “O nations of the world, confess that God alone is glorious and strong. Give Him the glory He deserves! Bring Your offering and come to worship Him.”
Most Dear and Holy God, You alone know the things You would have me choose. You know the path You would have me take.
An ending to a reading about the Glory Be prayer says, “Let us try each day, in reciting this prayer and others, to be open to God's graces, so that we may live our lives as hymns of praise to Our Creator.” Live my life as a hymn of praise to You? Oh that I would Blessed Lord. Oh, that I could!
You have the power to do that in me. Enable me to let You have Your will and Your way with me. Thank You for the privilege of bringing You praise and glory. How I pray it will somehow be blessed in Your sight.
I love You so much Dearest God. Help me love You better! Thank You for Your power and strength. Allow me to utilize it well. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(459 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment