Thursday, January 24, 2013

grateful


Thursday, January 24, 2013 (7:13 a.m.)
Most Holy, Blessed Father God,
Thank You! You are so good. And we are foolish. Your mercies are made new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23). And I am grateful.
Grateful to be loved by such a good and caring God (1Peter 5:7). Father, thank You that in the midst of one of the biggest rows the husband and I have had in years, Your calm and sensibilities were experienced by me.
I'm not saying there weren't harsh words spoken or that convulsive tears were not shed. You saw it all. But more important than what was seen by each of us, You were at work. Calming. Soothing. Quieting us down.
Thank You Father. Thank You for making me receptive to Your leading me to choose tranquil music from my high school years to play. Thank You for the turntable on which to play these timeless vinyl albums.
I look to You dearest Lord. I count on You. I am grateful to have Your Word encourage me to make kind gestures. It is only Your loving Truth that enabled us to work together with as little blame as possible.
Father, You know the underlying problems of this household. You alone see it all. You know the secrets of every heart (Psalm 44:21). “O Lord, You have examined my heart and know everything about me” (Psalm 139:1). How I thank You for providing us with Your Word to guide us.
Make us Your good and faithful servants (Luke 19:11-27). Do all that needs to be done to turn us into Your good stewards (Luke 16).
Thank You for loving us Dearest Father. Thank You for making me grateful. I love You. Amen.
(284 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment