Saturday, September 1, 2012

words of love


Saturday, September 1, 2012 (6:10 a.m.)
Most Dear and Blessed Father God,
Bless You. Praise You. Thank You. During the night a song came to me and I immediately thought of how perfectly it represented You for me. I was certain that was the direction You and I would pursue together this morning. And it might have been… if I could only remember what it was!
Thank You for the opportunity to smile and be at peace with my own forgetfulness. There was a time that I would still be attempting to rack my brain for even longer than I’ve already spent trying to think of it.
Thank You that as I was preparing to get out of bed just now a completely different song hasn’t left me alone. Words of love While looking up the lyrics didn’t yield me the sentiment I was expecting, seeking them in Your Word absolutely has!
The Message version of Psalm 119:33-40 speaks directly to my heart. “God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me – my whole life one long, obedient response. Guide me down the road of Your commandments; I love traveling this freeway! Give me words of wisdom, and not for piling up loot. Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets, invigorate me on the pilgrim way. Affirm Your promises to me – promises made to all who fear You. Deflect the harsh words of my critics – but what You say is always so good. See how hungry I am for Your counsel; preserve my life through Your righteous ways!”
Ah, yes, most wise and righteous Father, I AM hungry for Your counsel! Paul’s final greetings to the people of Corinth (2Corinthians 13:11) sum up what I long to do with Your words of love. “Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words. Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.”
YOU are our ultimate source of healing love and peace! I ask You most holy God to open my heart, soul, mind and strength and fill it all with the ultimate healing only You provide. I love You. I long to serve You. I praise You. Bless You. And thank You for all Your words of love. Help me use them well. Amen.
(406 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment