Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One


Tuesday, September 18, 2012 (9:45 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,
I confess to You. This morning I don’t even know to Whom I am addressing this. Is it Father? Son? Holy Spirit? How does one determine a distinction between the most Holy Three-In-One?
Blessed One? Yes. ONE! “Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one” (Deuteronomy 6:4). One. I am having trouble getting my head around this. Help me, I pray.
Help me to learn what You would have me take from this. You are One and we are to ‘love the Lord our God with all our heart and all our soul and with all our strength’ (v.5). I believe You can make that happen. And in the mean time [and these really are pretty mean times!] I keep splintering away from that command.
I try to figure things out. Make them ‘right’. Set the record straight. Instead Dearest Father, help me “Hear!” Unstop my ears that I truly would “Listen”. Okay. Not just listen. Listen and love. You.
We, as Your people, are in a world of hurt right now. Things don’t always go to our liking. Remind us again and again that You, alone, are One God. You have One standard. We are to be One people.
Jesus said it in His answer to those religious leaders who attempted to trap Him. “The first (commandment) in importance is ‘Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.’ And here is the second: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ There is no other commandment that ranks with these” (Mark 12:29-31).
Oh, make it so Blessed Father, Blessed Son, Blessed Holy Spirit. Blessed One! Make me the loving woman You created me to be. Thank You, I pray, in the Oneness of You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(321 words ~ 10:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment