Thursday, September 6, 2012

pause


Labor Day Monday, September 3, 2012 (7:15 a.m.)
Blessed, Blessed, Blessed, Father God,
I wanted to come here and complain. I’ve been working on it for over an hour. The beauty of Your early morning sky gave me much pause, changed my attitude and I am grateful.
Thank You Father for beauty that actually takes my breath away. Color and clarity that are here one minute and gone the next. Thank You Blessed Jesus that You are not like that. Thank You that You are eternal.
Thank You that the verse I had turned to relating to ‘pause’ speaks of these very things. “Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or whine, Israel, saying ‘God has lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me’? Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening? God doesn’t come and go. God lasts. He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch His breath. And He knows everything, inside and out” (Isaiah 40: 27-28).
What a thought! Just now while tapping the keys I considered You as the Creator of everything. If I truly believe You to be in charge of every single aspect of life, why would I ever want to waste precious time being concerned about all the little details of things not seemingly going my way? What TRUTH! What HOPE!
I confess to You Most Faithful Father, I keep feeling disappointed. I look forward to some things and I expect certain outcomes. Very often these expectations are not met and I become resentful. I want very much to change that approach to life. The idea of watching things unfold, as if in a movie, just came to mind. I don’t waste time arguing with directors when things don’t go the way I think is best. Please, Father, help me trust You far better than I have been doing.
“He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles. They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind” (vs. 29-31).
I want to trust You Blessed Father. Pure and simple. I want to trust that You have our very best interests at heart. Trust that You do indeed know exactly what You are doing. Trust that You love each of us more perfectly than I could ever begin to.
Yes Father. Help me pause long enough this day to consider how perfect Your love for us is. And to trust Your direction in it. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(455 words ~ 9:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment