Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Living Reminder


Tuesday, September 11, 2012 (7:49 a.m.)
Most Dear and Blessed Father God,
It’s that date again. That same date we all remember, year after year. I confess to You most dear and blessed Father, I don’t even know what to do with it. I don’t like to think back too much. It’s still tragic. It still hurts.
Once again, songs come to mind. Looking just outside, gray clearing skies remind me to Put On A Happy Face The idea of smiling leads me to think we should Come On Get Happy These just don’t seem appropriate at all. A line from a song we heard the other night begins and now start the tears I don’t know when will stop.
They are the living reminders Of all the good we failed to do We can’t forget Must not forget Oh Most Dear and Blessed God, thank You that we have Your Word to bring our hearts and souls and minds to.
While I don’t necessarily want to remember details of such tragedy, I know we must not forget either. Thank You for the key words of this song which bring me right to the core of Your message for us. We are to live out Your Truth by loving one another.
The aging apostle John wrote a letter ‘to commend a faithful woman and to encourage her to continue teaching others about Christ.’ 
“I can’t tell you how happy I am to learn that many members of your congregation are diligent in living out the Truth, exactly as commanded by the Father. But permit me a reminder, friends, and this is not a new commandment but simply a repetition of our original and basic charter: that we love each other” (2John 1:4-5).
Oh that we would Most Dear and Blessed Father! Oh that we would truly love one another. On this day of remembrance, let our Living Reminder be Your Precious Son and the love He brought into this world for us to share.
Thank You Most Blessed Father. I love You. Amen.
(345 words ~ 8:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment