Thursday, September 27, 2012

reminders


Thursday, September 27, 2012 (5:57 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed Lord Jesus,
Thank You. You are calling us to change and I am grateful. Thank You. Thank You for the opportunity to read through some of my own prayers from the past and find a reminder of the awesome work You do.
Thank You that as my tendencies in the past are to mope and fret, this morning I am choosing to look to You and hope. Blessed Jesus, there is a phone call I am expecting in less than an hour. A phone call I continue believing doesn't have a chance of going well. And then I come across and reread a comment for Philippians 4:4-8 from The Life Recovery Bible.
“True happiness can be found in any situation of life when we recognize that God is at work. Because Christ is with us and His return is certain, we can act calmly in the face of painful and difficult situations. Peace comes when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life.”
I can act calmly? And look at this... Just as I was preparing to tell You that I don't want to pretend to be calm (“act calmly”) I looked up other words for 'act'. “Take action, take steps, take measures, move, behave, conduct oneself, operate, work, function, serve...”
Jesus, I am truly asking You to settle my stirring insides. So much is at stake with this early morning phone call. Being calm, conducting myself calmly, can only happen as a byproduct of YOU being in the very midst of the conversation.
Another misunderstanding has developed between much loved ones. Feelings have been hurt. Assumptions made. Slights 'gunny sacked' and only now coming again to the light of day. This is not how You would have us live in sweet communion with one another. Do for us that which we absolutely can not do for ourselves!
Thank You Jesus that not only did I get to find a comment to Your Word to give me hope, I have found a different translation in which to read the Bible verses referenced.
The Worldwide English version says, “Do not worry about anything. Talk to God about everything. Thank Him for what you have. Ask Him for what you need. Then God will give you peace, a peace which is too wonderful to understand. That peace will keep your hearts and minds safe as you trust in Christ Jesus. Here, my brothers, are some things I want you to think about. Think about things that are true, honest, right, clean and pure, things that are lovely, and things that are good to talk about. If they are good, and if they bring praise to God, think about these things” (Philippians 4:6-8).
Jesus, You give me hope. My pattern is to cower, to be afraid, to be very afraid. Thank You that even this reminds me to search another verse. John 16:33. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Thank You Jesus. Thank You that indeed, You have overcome the world. Thank You that even in the midst of foolish misunderstandings You will be here because we are inviting You in to be the major component to this healing. I love You Jesus. I trust You. We need You. Please help us. Thank You. Amen.
(582 words ~ 6:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment