Saturday, September 22, 2012

really see


Saturday, September 22, 2012 (8:00 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
Surprise! What a morning we've had so far. A mile and a half walk to watch the sunrise. Emergency medical treatment for one of our neighbors. And plans to do what next?
Father, thank You for the beauty in the sky that took us outside the house even before the sun had come up. Thank You for things we had never taken time to really see before.
Really see. Hmm. How many things do we automatically pass by without really seeing them? How much of our everyday existence is lived on automatic pilot?
How grateful I am to You Blessed Father for the opportunity to turn to Your Word and look for what You would have me “really see” this morning. The book of Revelation. Written to warn us as well as to give us hope. Jesus, speaking through the apostle John while he was exiled on the island of Patmos, “God's Yes, the Faithful and Accurate Witness, the First of God's creation, says: 'I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking...'” (Revelation 3:14-15a).
Ah, but He doesn't just leave us there. He describes the church of Laodicea as being neither hot nor cold, stale, stagnant, lukewarm, making Him “want to vomit” (The Message version). Then He adds, “'Here's what I want you to do: Buy your gold from me, gold that's been through the refiner's fire. Then you'll be rich. Buy your clothes from me, clothes designed in Heaven. You've gone around half-naked long enough. And buy medicine for your eyes from me so you can see, really see. The people I love, I call to account – prod and correct and guide so that they'll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!'” (18-19).
Most Blessed Jesus, thank You for getting us outside early this morning. Thank You for being in our hearts and our souls, our minds and our strength (Mark 12:30). Thank You for calling us to love, really love. You, ourselves and others (31). Thank You for showing us glimpses of You, Your goodness and Your glory. Help us use it well.
The devotion in The Life Recovery Bible for these verses from Revelation (3:14-22) says, “Perhaps we have problems loving because we are disconnected from the source of true love.” Connect me to You and help me see, really see all You would have me see (and LOVE!) this day.
Thank You. Bless You. I love You. Amen.
(414 words ~ 9:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment