Friday, September 7, 2012

hold


Thursday, September 6, 2012 (6:25 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Good morning. What does today hold? Thank You for holding me whatever may come.
So... It seems a small word. Only four letters to it. I am asking You to talk to me about the things I hold. My breath. Back. Grudges. Ideals. The list could very easily go on and on. Thank You that instead, I much rather think of You holding me.
And with that the Truth of Your Word comes bursting off the pages again. Isaiah 41:10, “Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll keep you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.”
Mm. Yes! Father, speak to me here. There is SO much for me to learn about trusting You to hold me! And the truth is, I DO! I am one that honestly believes that Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand But I know Who holds tomorrow and I know Who holds my hand I DO believe this! Help me live this day in the confidence that trusting You brings.
Other translations of this comforting verse use words like: uphold, hold you up, support, protect, save, hold on to you, hold you steady, take good care of you. Father, I can ask for nothing more than the willingness to trust You to do what You have already promised to do. I love You so very much. Be with me this day. Holding me with Your “victorious right hand”. The one that is “right and good”.
Thank You for being such a good and loving Father. Thank You for all there is for me to learn in trusting You. Help me truly let go and let You be the God who holds me!
I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(310 words ~ 7:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment