Saturday, September 29, 2012

follow through


Saturday, September 29, 2012 (7:08 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy Jesus,
I love You. I don't say that often enough directed toward You. To God? Yes. Readily. Easily. Pretty much just slips off the tongue. With You? Kind of forced. I have to think about it. And even then, I have to follow through with actually saying it. Why do You think that is?
We've had this conversation before. And it looks now (7:40 a.m.) that we get to have it again. Thank You Jesus. I'm 'following through' with looking up verses that use those two words. Philippians 3:9 in the Easy-to-Read Version, under the bold heading “Christ Is More Important Than Anything”.
Jesus, thank You that Paul knew “The Value of Knowing Christ” (The Life Recovery Bible) and he wrote about it that we would know as well. Even in reading an overview of his letter to the believers in Philippi I am again reminded of the Truth You came to bring to this world.
“Paul wrote this letter to thank the Philippians [for their support of his ministry] and to challenge them to remain true to Christ and joyful in their circumstances. Wholeness of life, he reminded them, does not come from material things or pleasant circumstances. Genuine joy, meaning, and satisfaction come as we follow Christ and help others to grow spiritually.”
Ah Sweet Jesus, help me call out Your name as readily as I do Our Father's. Paul knew how to do this. After detailing his heritage and his past (Philippians 3:4-6) he went on, “At one time all these things were important to me. But because of Christ, I decided that they are worth nothing. Not only these things, but now I think that all things are worth nothing compared with the greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of Christ, I lost all these things, and now I know that they are all worthless trash. All I want now is Christ” (7-8).
Jesus, I want to love, trust, honor You that much! The verse (9) that led me here in the first place, “I want to belong to Him. In Christ I am right with God, but my being right does not come from following the law. It comes from God through faith. God uses my faith in Christ to make me right with Him.”
Blessed Jesus, keep teaching me. Continue having me practice calling out Your name. Let it become one that readily rolls right off the tip of my tongue, without forethought. Automatically. Make the follow through of saying Your name out loud as spontaneous as breathing.
I love You Jesus. Thank You. Amen.
(442 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment