Thursday, September 6, 2012

intensity


Tuesday, September 4, 2012 (5:46 a.m.)
Awesome God,
You are so good and I am so grateful. Thank You! Thank You for what looks to be an absolutely beautiful morning sky. Thank You for the desire to come witness it. Thank You for some unidentified noise (perhaps our watering system?) that finally stopped. And thank You for the glory of Your Word.
(6:55 a.m.)
Incredible Father God, I spent much time outside just now waiting for the beauty of Your sky to unfold. How blessed that I could walk safely out in front of our home, reading Your Word while gazing skyward.
There’s a word I’m seeking. It describes the intensity of the white I saw in the clouds. They practically glowed because of it. It’s a word possibly related to the glory hole of a refiner’s fire. Brilliance? Glorious? Intense? These just fall short.
Reading of John’s vision of You and Your throne room in Revelation 4:3 is almost what I’m thinking. “Great bursts of light flashed forth from Him as from a glittering diamond or from a shining ruby, and a rainbow glowing like an emerald encircled His throne.” The clouds were practically glowing as the sun was preparing to crest the mountains.
Father, its sights like these I want to put my focus on. I keep getting distracted from Your gloriousness. I continue passing out judgments on others. It’s YOUR best I seek Blessed Father. Help me think on Your things that are lovely (Philippians 4:8) instead of the critical attention I’ve become prone to paying.
Father I love You. I long to serve You well. Remove this bent toward bitterness I seem to have recently acquired. You deserve so much more than I have been offering. Remind me to continuously turn my eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace
I saw an intensity of Your glory this morning. Help me draw on that this day. I love You Blessed Father. Thank You. Amen.
(346 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment