Monday, September 24, 2012

changes ~ Old and New


Monday, September 24, 2012 (7:13 a.m.)
Thank You Most Holy God,
Thank You for change. Thank You for sharing. Thank You for whatever it is You are teaching us through our present circumstances. Change. Hmmm. Let's exam 'change'.
(8:01 a.m.)
And as it turns out, I'm looking at 'changes'. Old Testament and New. Isaiah 35:3 “[God changes everything]” and Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ never changes!” Father God, thank You for the hope that comes from these two verses that remind us that You are always, ever in control. YOU are the God that changes things, while staying ever the same.
As I prepare to begin the day, Father I ask that You would keep me closely with You. Don't let me stray too far off to the right or left of where You'd have me. So many changes going on around and within us. I can much too easily lose my equilibrium and fall down. Hold tightly to me this day. Ever reminding me of Your goodness. Your grace. Your love. Your plan. Help me approach the changes You would have me make this day with complete and wholehearted trust in You.
I love You Lord. I long to serve You well. Not reservedly. Not tentatively. Well! Thank You for the courage to make changes. Show me how best to make them. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(228 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment