Friday, August 31, 2012

focused


Friday, August 31, 2012 (6:25 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
I love You. My mind keeps drifting, as does the Internet checking. Right now I am asking You to help me stay here. Focused on You!
(9:59 a.m.)
Well that didn’t happen, now did it? Coffee with a neighbor, glitches with the computer and overall distracting thoughts keep taking me away. That very phrase has me substituting “Jesus” for “Calgon” and an actual smile occurs on my face.
I keep thinking, hoping, praying that I will stay focused long enough to complete my thoughts with You then “Bam!” something “shiny” gets my attention.
Father, forgive me. You are far more important than ALL the things I keep putting before You. Somewhere along the way this morning I started humming The Church’s One Foundation Looking at the lyrics and putting in my own name instead of “The Church” I readily sing …’s One Foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord; She is His new creation By water and the Word: From heav’n He came and sought her To be His holy bride; With His own blood He bought her, And for her life He died
Why, on Your green earth and all that is holy, does this not seem enough to keep me focused right here with You? Blessed Three-In-One, I love You. What is it that is going on within (or is it with out) me? Where is the hope I know I have in You? Why do I not see it as readily as once I did?
Reading the PURPOSE of Peter’s second letter to all believers everywhere, I ask You, yes please! Sign me up. “To help his readers keep their focus on God’s grace and truth.”
While looking at The Big Picture of this book a paragraph begins, “Why do pains, disappointments and sins of life bring us down?” And ends with, “The God of the universe has made Himself available to us on a personal level. As we get to know Him, He will help us overcome our shortcomings and replace them with self-control, kindness, love, forgiveness, perseverance, patience and peace.”
I ask You Faithful, Loving, Father to help me adhere to Peter’s urging to ‘learn to know You better and better’ (2Peter 1:2b). “We couldn’t be more sure of what we saw and heard – God’s glory, God’s voice. The prophetic Word was confirmed to us. You’ll do well to keep focusing on it. It’s the one light you have in a dark time as you wait for daybreak and the rising of the Morning Star in your hearts” (v. 19).
All my hope is in YOU Lord. Help me know You well enough to remember this always. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(452 words ~ 11:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment