Friday, September 22, 2023

undeserved privilege

 Friday, September 22, 2023 (8:02 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.


You change my thinking. My attitude. My hopes. My dreams. Yes Lord. You change me! Thank You.

(8:47 a.m.)


Searching my heart [and the internet] I came across Romans 5:2. Repeatedly. Reading about standing in Your grace.


Father, I cannot thank You enough. You make the changes that we can’t. Or won’t. Thank You that You do.


The apostle Paul. Writing to the church at Rome. Explaining how Faith Brings Joy (New Living Translation).


“Therefore since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory“ (Romans 5:1-2).


You brought me a ton of grace yesterday. In the form of a ten year old. Asking forgiveness for circumstances beyond his control. YOU did this Father. Your mercy. Your grace. Your loving kindness that never fails (Lamentations 3:22).


Forgive me Father, for I have sinned!


I started out yesterday with a halfhearted approach to prayer. A better plan would have been to ♪enter Your gates with thanksgiving in my heart… enter Your courts with praise … say[ing] “This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice for He has made me glad”♪ (Psalm 100:4; 118:24).


How much better would that time have been served. Thank You Father that Your mercies DO “begin a fresh each morning” (Lamentations 3:23).


Father, I am asking that You work in, with, by, through and for me this day. The one YOU have made! That I will use the time You provide us wisely and well. Teaching me ever more about this undeserved privilege [also known as GRACE] You provide us.


Reading about how You change us I saw a quote by author Joseph Cooke. “Grace is nothing more nor less than the face that love wears when it meets imperfection, weakness, failure, sin.” My face did NOT wear grace, nor love yesterday Dearest God.


Again I seek Your forgiveness for being more filled with myself than You. Thank You for Your constant reminders of where You would have our hearts, Our souls. Our minds. Even our strength. Ever on loving You. And others, as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31).


Thank You for the truckloads of work You bring about in changing us. All with You undeserved privilege [aka GRACE]. Use me as You know is best. Completely in the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Thank You. Praise You. Amen!


(462 words ~ 9:28 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment