Sunday, September 17, 2023

fully

Sunday, September 17, 2023 (10:26 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I’m bringing You a spirit of sadness. Downheartedness. Discouragement. Is it mine? Or the world’s?


Thank You Father that I know I am to “rejoice and be glad” (Psalm 118:24b). And at the very same, I want to come before You honestly. Openly. Willingly. Not perfunctorily.


No! I want to fully esteem and revere You. Yes! Thank You God. You take what I have to offer and change it to what You want it to be.


Thank You Lord. Yes. Thank You.


I want to be fully here. Fully Yours. Fully esteeming and revering You. Completely. Entirely. Wholly. Totally.


It’s taken me these past six hours to be willing to sit here with You. To be able to ♪enter Your gates with thanksgiving in my heart… enter Your courts with praise… say “this is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice for You have made me glad♪


YOU make me glad! I don’t make myself glad. You remind me of the reasons to smile. The importance of standing on and staying my mind on the Truth and promises of Your Word.


Thank You that You do Dearest God. All I did 

(11:02 a.m.)

Oh! Isn’t this just perfectly YOU?


Checking my notes from our morning’s online church service. Wanting to find the reference to being still before You.


Perfect that the sermon’s title was “Finishing Strong” in the “Stay the Course” series. God You are SO good!


I barely have words Dearest Lord. There I was. Trying to think my way into praising You. Then all I did was confess. Wholehearted truth.


The very next thing I know I’m reading the lyrics of a song [Defender] I’d never heard before. ♪And all I did was praise All I did was worship All I did was bow down, oh All I did was stay still♪


You are so perfect God. Thank You that because You are, I don’t have to be.


Thinking I was going to be directed to Psalm 46:10a, I was ready. “Be still, and know that I am God!” Oh, but no!


It’s reference is Exodus 14:14. New Life Version. “The Lord will fight for you. All you have to do is keep still.”


Yes! Thank You. I will!


Your work in me brings about another song. ♪Here I Am To Worship Here I am to bow down Here I am to say that You’re my God You’re altogether lovely Altogether worthy Altogether wonderful to me♪


Thank You that You are Blessed God. ♪Light of the world, You stepped down into darkness Opened my eyes, let me see Beauty that made this heart adore You Hope of a life spent with You And here I am…♪


Yes Father. Here I am. Fully! Asking (Matthew 7:7) that You use me this day [which You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. Exactly as You alone know is best. Looking for and listening to the sure words of hope and direction You have provided for us.


Illustrated Bible Handbook says this of the section that houses 2 Peter 1:19, “Chapter 1:12-21. God’s Sure Word …Peter views the Scriptures as ‘more certain’ than experience (19). The phrase ‘prophetic word’ (‘word of the prophets’) is an expression used to indicate the Scriptures as a whole. Paying attention to that Word will provide light and guidance in the present dark world (19). In Greek and Roman times the phrase ‘morning star’ was used of royal and divine persons. Here it refers to Jesus at His return. Peter stresses the importance of continuing to trust the Scriptures. God’s Word is not of human origin. It is from God, and its writers were ‘carried along’ by the Holy Spirit (21).”


Thank You that It is Dearest God!


“All this helps us know that what the early preachers said was true. You [all believers everywhere] will do well to listen to what they have said. Their words are as lights that shine in a dark place [like my heart or mind or soul at times]. Listen until you understand what they have said. Then it will be like the morning light which takes away the darkness. And the Morning Star (Christ) will rise to shine in your hearts” (2 Peter 1:19 New Life Version).


Yes. Yes. Yes, Dearest Lord! Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will come to fully esteem and revere You as You would have me (Psalm 33:8). I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(772 words ~ 12:08 p.m.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment