Tuesday, September 5, 2023

alternatives

Tuesday, September 5, 2023 (5:40 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


It’s already been quite the morning. Hours of sleeplessness. This time, not my own.


Father, thank You for the internal singing of ♪Raise A Hallelujah♪ as I struggled with some mild irritation. Mm, yes. Thank You Father.


Thanking You IS the alternative! Allowing us the grace to see circumstances differently.


♪I’m gonna sing, in the middle of the storm Louder and louder, you’re gonna hear my praises roar Up from the ashes, hope will arise Death is defeated, the King is alive!♪


While moments of tossing and turning don’t immediately present as much of a storm, it’s the underlying negative attitude that can ultimately build. Leading to annoyance. Anger. Upset.


How perfect You are in offering us alternatives. Because You know Your best for each of us, we get to trust You. Rest in You. Oh yes Lord. Thank You for the Scripture verses that remind us of the rest we can have in You!


“Come to me… I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).


In the midst of considering Your perfect ways ♪Good, Good Father♪ comes singing to my heart and mind. Following its lead to Psalm 18:30 again I smile.


“God’s way is perfect. All the LORD’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.” Just earlier You protected me from my own petty displeasure. Thank You God.


You know Your plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11a). Continue teaching us to thank and praise You rather than grumble and complain.


“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You” (Isaiah 26:3). Yes please Lord! I want to trust You. In all things.


“Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live” (The Message 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).


Yes Lord. Work in, with, by, through and for us to Your good and perfect end. Thank You. Praise You. We love, need, trust and want You. Use us. Amen.


(356 words ~ 7:00 a.m.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment