Monday, September 11, 2023

Psalm 63

 Monday, September 11, 2023 (6:52 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I’m starting this day feeling sad. Moody. Down in the dumps. I’m looking to You.


Rather than searching too hard for the root [Is it the date? The novel I’m reading? Or the dream of the lost loved one?] I’m coming instead into Your presence. Actively seeking You.

(7:16 a.m.)


Mm, Father. Thank You. Illustrated Bible HandbookPsalm 63. Close personal relationship with God brings the believer to the place of praise and joy.” Yes please, Lord.


Every single hint of a smile stirs my heart. Thank You God. I read. I hope. And read some more.


Seeking first Your Kingdom (Matthew 6:33) as Jesus taught His followers is a practice I want to develop. Thank You that You provide us every opportunity to do just that.


Because You know the plans You have for us, plans for good and not disaster (Jeremiah 29:11) You give us a future and a hope. Using Jeremiah, You convey Your message to the captive people of Judah.


Thank You Father for the hope found in these verses. “In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me” (Jeremiah 29:12-13).


No tricks. No secret handshakes. No shortcuts. No! We get to actively seek and find You! Thank You. Praise You.


And in the midst? We get to smile. And sing!


My Life Is In You, my strength is in You Lord My hope is in You, Lord, in You, it’s in You… I will praise You with all of my heart I will praise You with all of my mind With all of my life, and all of my strength All of my hope is in You!♪


(8:49 a.m.)


A phone call. Added prayers for the health of loved ones. Father, how I thank You for Your availability.


And in the midst? Another song.


♪I Raise A Hallelujah, in the presence of my enemies I raise a hallelujah, louder than the unbelief I raise a hallelujah, my weapon is a melody I raise a hallelujah, Heaven comes to fight for me♪


Mm, yes Father! You remind us…


♪I’m gonna sing, in the middle of the storm Louder and louder, You’re gonna hear my praises roar Up from the ashes, hope will arise Death is defeated, the King is alive!♪


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. Turning to You. Actively seeking Your presence, I am truly blessed.


“O God, You are my God; I earnestly search for You. My soul thirsts for You; my whole body longs for You in this parched and weary land where there is no water” (Psalm 63:1).


You are preparing us Father. Yes! For whatever is to come. Teaching us to ♪sing in the middle of the storm Louder and louder, You’re gonna hear our praises roar…♪


Do all You must Dearest God. Training us. Teaching us. Using us. Exactly as You know is best. I love, need, trust and want You, Father. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

 (514 words ~ 9:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment