Saturday, September 23, 2023

absolute awe

Saturday, September 23, 2023 (7:10 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You for a new season. Fall. Autumn. Nature. Science. Wonder. Awe. Mm, yes Father. I am filled with absolute awe over who and all You are.


Looking in Your Word I turn to The Message. The Wind Ran Out of Breath (Mark 4:35-41). Drawn here by the disciples’ response to Jesus’ Ultimate Authority (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


Mm. “They were in absolute awe, staggered. ‘Who is this, anyway?’ They asked. ‘Wind and sea at His beck and call!’” (v.41). Filled with great awe and very much afraid in their wonder of Him.


Thank You Lord that in this change of seasons You are ever in control. Jesus’ rebuked the wind. “Silence!” Spoke to the waves. “Be still!” And questioned His disciples. “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” (vs. 39-40).


Such great questions. Let me ask them of myself when I am confronted with circumstances I fear. Yes! Here's a smile. Reminding my face of the grace You want it to represent.


Use me this day. The one You have made (Psalm 118:24a). Rejoicing and being glad (24b). As You know is best. Filled with the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


Being alert. Praying as the Holy Spirit leads (Ephesians 6:18). Putting on Your “complete armour (vs. 11-17). Then I’ll be able to stand firm against the devil’s trickery” (New Testament for Everyone).


Thank You Father. For all You have done. Continue doing. And will do in the future. You are so good. Glorious. Great. And gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). Do all You must in changing us into Your likeness (2 Corinthians 3:18).


We love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(299 words ~ 9:05 a.m.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment