Sunday, September 3, 2023

love and strength

 Sunday, September 3, 2023 (7:22 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,


Thank You! You provide.


Peace. Of mind and heart.


Courage. Power. Your presence.


Mm, yes. Father. You provide! Our every need.


Oh! And joy. Yes. Let’s take note of the joy You provide to our lives.


Simple joys. Easy delights. Everyday experiences with gladness.


Father God, thank You for Your actions. And Your promises.


Thank You for the way Your Truths lead to my heart singing. Just now, ♪He works in ways we cannot see♪


Immediately, I recognized it from the past. ♪God Will Make A Way♪ Mm, yes Father. You do the work. In. With. By. Through. And for us.


Thank You, thank You, God. You have been teaching us to take ourselves so much less seriously. Depending on You to do all we never can on our own.


Again singing. ♪He will be my guide Hold me closely to His side With love and strength for each new day He will make a way♪


What is it that we need in order to take You at Your Word? Faith. Trust. Hope. In our own abilities to right wrongs? No! In You! Your love. Your strength. For each new day.


Father, I am here asking (Matthew 7:7) for Your provisions to continue. Standing firmly here on Your Word of Truth and promises. Staying my mind on Your mercy and grace. Truly agog with Who and all You are.


Reading The LORD’s Promise of Victory (Isaiah 43:14-44:5) we are reminded of Your past provisions. Beginning at verse 18 the focus shifts forward.


“But forget all that - it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland” (Isaiah 43:18-19).


You do! You make. You create. You provide. And we receive. Gratefully.


Use us this day [that You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. Exactly as You know is best. Rejoicing and being glad (v. 24b). Depending on Your love and strength.


We are Yours dear Lord. We love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You.

(367 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment