Sunday, September 10, 2023

pure joy

 Sunday, September 10, 2023 (7:11 a.m.)

Blessed, Awesome, Holy God,


Thank You!


I was able to witness pure joy yesterday. Pure, unadulterated, genuine, completely unexpected joy.


A young mom accomplishing something she never knew she wanted. Swimming ten yards into the deep end of our pool. Father, thank You for the freedom from fear You provided this precious mom. A woman dedicated to doing everything she can in setting great examples for her daughter.


Thank You Lord for providing me this opportunity. With every single stroke I SAW her confidence build! I am covered in chills, with tears in my eyes, as I remember recognizing the pure joy she was experiencing.


Father, thank You. You’ve gifted me with the privilege of witnessing and identifying pure joy. In myself. As well as others. Thank You for yesterday’s added bonus of the mutual tears of joy being shed. As well as the exchange of a deep water hug.


Lord, I am asking (Matthew 7:7) that this experience be so deeply ingrained and imprinted within that I always equate the joy You provide us with the look of confident triumph and accomplishment that I saw on that precious face yesterday. JOY Father! Your perfectly provided joy.


Thank You for this time to sit with You. Examining all I saw with my very own eyes. A family filled with so much love and regard for one another. Playful. Encouraging. Dedicated to each one’s betterment.


Thank You for the examples You set before us God. Standards You use to teach us more about You and all You have for us. Thank You for leading me again this morning to the apostle Paul’s letter to the church at Rome. And his heart for others.


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 5:13).


I SAW confident hope yesterday Lord! Made manifest as pure joy. Let me remember and use this experience as You would have me. Freely! To Your honor. And Your absolute good.


Father, I love, need, trust and want You as the completely perfect God that You are. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(387 words ~ 9:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment