Saturday, September 16, 2023

curiosity

 Saturday, September 16, 2023 (3:23 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You for Your presence. Thank You 

(3:53 a.m.)

… for curiosity.


Mm. Yes. Curiosity.

(4:58 a.m.)


Over an hour spent reading about being curious. How glad I am to have You lead and guide us Dear Lord.


With that gladness comes singing. ♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here…♪ Followed immediately by smile after smile.


Lord, thank You that we have Your Word on which to stand and stay our minds. The Truth and promises of Your Word beckon us. Praise You God.


Mm. Yes! Psalm 34:8. The Message. “Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see - how good GOD is. Blessed are you who run to Him.”


Oh most Dear and blessed God, how gratefully I thank You. You teach us. You lead us.


Following thought after thought, here I am in Ephesians. The apostle Paul’s letter to the believers in Ephesus. Written to strengthen their relationships. With You. And others.


Led here because of the importance of speaking the Truth in love (Ephesians 4:15) I want to learn more. Thank You God that even here I find my curiosity growing.


What would it be like to live in unity? Ministering to other people. Living as children of Your light.


What an incredible calling. Father, thank You for inviting us to You.


The Message tells us “God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love - like Christ in everything” (Ephesians 4:15a). And goes further.


“We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love” (15b-16).


Another curious question forms. How is this even possible?


Thank You that I can trust You to provide answers as You know is best. When Your time is right.


In the meantime I get to continue learning more of Your Truth. Choosing and using my words to be good and helpful. Encouraging to those who hear them (v. 29).


Continuing to the end of this chapter, I want very much to “Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you” (31-32).


How perfect for me to come across a much simpler reminding phrase in this morning’s readings. “Be curious, not furious.” Yes, please. Teach me Father.


I love, need, trust and want You as Lord of my life. Use me as You know is best. Rejoicing. Being glad (Psalm 118:24). Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). And my neighbor as myself (31).


Thank You Father. Praise You. Amen.

(490 words ~ 6:30 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment