Thursday, June 15, 2023

people we don't know

 Sunday, June 4, 2023 (7:10 a.m.)

Tahoe Vista, CA

Awesome, Blessed, Holy Father God,


Thank You for Your kindness. Your goodness. Your grace. Family. Friends. People. Surprises.


Oh yes Dearest God. Thank You for the surprises that present themselves so unexpectedly to us. And at the very same time, none of it fazes You. Yes Father, thank You that You are ever in control.


Yesterday, with the beauty of North Lake Tahoe as my backdrop I was privileged to encounter people I didn’t know. Casual interactions that allowed me to reflect who I am in You. Thank You God.


Thank You for making me wonderfully complex (Psalm 139:14a). Your workmanship IS marvelous - how well I know it” (v. 14b). Thank You for helping me realize through time spent with You that I really, truly am loved by You. Just the way I am. Right here. Right now.


I don’t have to try harder to be more social. No. “O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me” (Psalm 139:1). Every awkward exchange I encounter “You know what I’m going to say even before I say it” (v.4).


Blessed Holy God, thank You! You provide us opportunities to grow. To change. To enlarge our comfort zones.


I did that yesterday. Joining together with people I didn’t know. Working to beautify a shared space. Thank You God. And right there in the midst, I was again reminded how easily I am caught off-balance by surprises.


An unexpected offer of help by someone I didn’t know interrupted my thoughts. My awkward reply of the beach cleanup being “my project” still has me shaking my head.


Lord God, I want to be gracious. Inclusive. And at the very same time? I know how easily the high energy speed of others clashes with my slow moving pace. Thank You that I am YOUR work in progress. Do all You must in molding and making me into all You would have me be.


Reading Your Word (2 Corinthians 5:16-20; Hebrews 12:1-2) I am again encouraged by the love You have for us. Continue Your work in me I pray Dear Lord.


I love You. I need, trust and want You. Thank You for all You bring into our lives. Use it for Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(404 words ~ 8:34 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment