Thursday, June 15, 2023

"bless the Lord, oh my soul"

 Wednesday, June 14, 2023 (6:33 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Again and again and again, thank You, Lord.

(7:29 a.m.)


An hour spent looking into the phrase, “Well, bless my soul” yields more questions than answers. Again I say, Thank You God.


Thank You for resources. Thank You for musical renditions. Thank You for ♪10,000 Reasons for my heart to find♪ Mm, yes, Father. We have so much for which to bless, thank and praise You.


Here’s my confusion Lord. I began with “bless my soul” and am repeatedly led to blessing You oh my soul. I want to pay attention to Your leading here Dear God.


(9:02 a.m.)


Several referrals to Psalm 103:1, I find myself absorbed in The Passion Translation’s wordage of its entirety. Beginning with Our Father’s Love. And King David’s song of praise.


“With my whole heart, with my whole life, and with my innermost being, I bow in wonder and love before You, the Holy God! Yahweh, You are my soul’s celebration. How could I ever forget the miracles of kindness You’ve done for me? You kissed my heart with forgiveness, in spite of all I’ve done “ (vs. 1-3a).


Lord God, the more I read the more I agree with the hope and Truth I find here. Healing. Rescue. Crownings with love and mercy. Satisfied desires. Justice. Unveiled plans. Tenderhearted patience. Love “like a flooding river overflowing its banks with kindness” (v. 8b).


“You don’t look at us only to find our faults, just so You can hold a grudge against us” (9). No. You discipline so we will learn, “but never as much as we really deserve” (10).


Tender mercy - “higher than the highest heavens” (11). Sin and guilt removed “farther than a sunrise [east] to a sunset [west]” (12).


“The same way a loving father feels toward his children - that’s but a sample of Your tender feelings toward us, Your beloved children who live in awe of You” (13). Your Word teaches. Commands. Reminds. And touches my very soul. The one with which I bless You Lord.


Slipping over to The Living Bible I begin again at verse one. “I bless the holy name of God with all my heart.” And end here with verse 22. “Let everything everywhere bless the Lord. And how I bless Him too!”


Yes! Bless the Lord, oh my soul!


You know our needs dearest God. How I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to provide for them as only You know is best. We love, need, trust and want Your presence. In, with, by, through and for us.


Use us. Exactly as You have planned (Jeremiah 29:11). Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Amen.

(456 words ~ 9:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment