Monday, June 19, 2023

slow to anger

 Monday, June 19, 2023 (7:25 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You!


I want to live Your Word this day. Yes! I want to resemble the Proverbs 31 woman. Laughing with no fear of the future (v. 25b). Clothed with strength and dignity (25a).


Aligning myself with YOUR best. Your will. Your way.

(10:19 a.m.)


Plans have already changed. And I’m seeking Your guidance on how best to roll with them.


Yes Lord. I am actively aligning myself with You. According to Matthew 6:33 (Easy-to-Read Version) “What you [I] should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what He wants you [me] to do. Then He will give you [me] all these other things you [I] need.”


Oh yes Father. I trust Your loving, caring hands.


“Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it” (Psalm 139:14). Mm. Yes! True all that.


(10:57 a.m.)


Wanting to finish up here to get busy outside, I want to give You Your absolute due first. Father You are so incredibly good to us. So great. Glorious. Gracious. And we are truly grateful!


The verse with which I awoke this morning reminded me of the importance of being slow to anger. Oh Blessed God, how deeply and truly I want to live Your Word this day!


Turning to the Amplified Bible, my yeses abound! “Understand this, my beloved brothers and sisters. Let everyone be quick to hear [be a careful, thoughtful listener], slow to speak [a speaker of carefully chosen words and] slow to anger [patient, reflective, forgiving]; for the [resentful, deep-seated] anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God [that standard of behavior which He requires from us]” (James 1:19-20).


This is where I ask You to do all You must with me Dearest God. In. By. Through. And for me. That I will continue practicing to live and love as You would have me. Do all You must. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(342 words ~ 11:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment