Friday, June 23, 2023

Always Delighted

 Friday, June 23, 2023 (5:21 a.m.)

Blessed God,


You are so good. And we are so glad. Grateful. Loved. And stalled at the moment.


I want to find words that best describe what I am when I’m glad in You. Grateful. Often. Loved. Always. This morning I’m stuck on the last two letters.


With this being the case, I turn again to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). And You do not disappoint!


Philippians 4:4 reminds me that I am always to be delighted. In You. Yes Father! I want very much to remember that I am gratefully loved, always delighted.


Rejoice. Take pleasure. Be filled with joy. Celebrate. Delight. “Always be glad because of the Lord! I will say it again: Be glad” (Contemporary English Version). Yes, please. Blessed Father God, I want to always be glad!


Illustrated Bible Handbook says this, “Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord A Plea for Perspective; 4:2-9. Paul speaks of joys that are found through relationship with the Lord (4). In Christ we have release from anxiety, for we can express every need to God and experience peace (5-7). In Christ we can concentrate our attention on the true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, and praiseworthy (8). In Christ we can put godly living into practice, and have the assurance that the God whose presence means inner peace will be with us (9). What a wonderful perspective to maintain on life, and what a source of constant joy!”


It’s all so true. When we actively, intentionally set our focus on You there is no limit to the blessings You provide.


Thank You for Your presence Father. Your existence. Your being with us. Reminding us of the joy [gladness] we have in You.


Use me this day [that You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. I long to truly rejoice and be glad in it (24b). Exactly as You know is best. Do all You must that You will be glorified in, with, by, through and for my thoughts, words and actions.


I love, need, trust and want You Lord. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(357 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment