Friday, June 30, 2023

highest degree (take 2)

 Friday, June 30, 2023 (6:02 a.m.)

Holiest God,


I started thanking You yesterday for Your holiness. Aware that there is nothing higher than You I turned to 1 Chronicles 29:11. Lord, thank You.


Thank You for the ways Your Word speaks to us. Leading. Guiding. Directing. Reminding. Yes. You remind us of Your greatness and Your glory.


David’s Prayer of Praise tells us, “Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is Your kingdom. We adore You as the one who is over all things.”


Thank You Father for everything You do and have done. Praise You for all You are. 


David knew You are the “source of all true success.” His prayer “ascribes all greatness, power, glory, victory, and majesty” to You. “It recognizes that [You are] the source of all riches and honor; [You are] sovereign over everything” (The Life Recovery Bible comment). Thank You God that You are!


In You we have hope. I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to hold us tightly.


Reading this verse in other translations, a phrase from a song began singing to me. First came the lyrical find. Then a lasting smile. Thank You God.


♪… and I will adore You… [Revelation Song] Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, holy, holy is He… Holy, holy, holy is the Lord, God Almighty Who was and is and is to come With all creation I sing praise to the King of Kings You are my everything and I will adore You…♪


Oh yes Blessed God. Keep me adoring You and all You glorious works.


♪Clothed in rainbows of living color Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder Blessing and honor, strength and glory And power be to You the only wise King… Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder At the mention of Your name Jesus, Your name is power, breath and living water Such a marvelous, mystery… With all creation I sing praise to the King of Kings You are my everything and I will adore You, adore You Holy, holy, You are holy♪


Thank You that You are. Live in, with, by, through and for me this day [which You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. Do all You must that I will truly “rejoice and be glad in it” (24b).


I love You Father. I need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(413 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment