Wednesday, July 6, 2022

turn and stand

 Wednesday, July 6, 2022 (4:59 a.m.)

Holy God,


Grudge holding is a lot of work. Thank You that we have Your Word in which to turn. On which to stand. I confess to You Father, my refusal to let go of a disappointment.


Thank You Lord. I refused to turn to You yesterday. I maintained my misguided “right” to be hurt. Angry. Disappointed. Forgive me Lord.


I wasted hours. An entire day. Internally spewing discontent. Building my case. To what end?


Thank You for the willingness to bring it all to You now. Confessing to You the chip I insisted keeping on my shoulder is allowing me to smile. Reminding me of my need for You. Your grace. Your goodness. Your loving forgiveness.


Thank You Father that You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Kind. Forgiving.


Reading a web post entitled “Give Your Grudge to God” I’m directed to Leviticus 19:18. Thank You Father for Your Truth!


“Don’t seek revenge or carry a grudge against any of your people. Love your neighbor as yourself. I am GOD” (The Message). Intrinsically, I know the Truth of this. Stubbornly, I refused!


Again I say, “Forgive me Father!” How I thank and praise You for the opportunity to come before You. Flawed as I am.


Reading The Life Recovery Bible comment for portions of this chapter of Leviticus, I look to Your “program for successful living…” The one that “demands honesty in both word and deed.”


Truly knowing that I hurt myself worse by holding onto any grudge, I thank You for reminding me of the importance of allowing You to heal our every hurt. When we let go of each resentment, we can again smile. Enjoying life. Fully.


Thank You Lord. The recovery footnote continues, “Dishonesty and misrepresentation lead to suspicion, mistrust, and hatred, ultimately destroying our relationships. Human relationships can grow and thrive only if we are willing to tell the truth - the only real basis for trust between people. When there is honesty in our relationships, we can confidently look to others in times of need.”


I fell right in to satan’s trap of discontent yesterday. Today I want to “Stay alert! Watch out for (y)our great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8).


Yes Lord! I want to “Stand firm against him, and be strong in (y)our faith” (v. 9a).


Do all You must in ♪changing my heart, O God making it ever true. Change My Heart, O God, May I be like You. You are the Potter, I am the clay; Mold me and make me. This is what I pray♪ (Psalm 51:10; Isaiah 64:8).


I halfheartedly sang this to You yesterday. Today my plea is wholehearted. “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.”


I can’t do this on my own. You can. I will let You. Thank You Father. Praise You. I love, need and want You. Do all You must. I am open to Your will. Your way. Not mine. Amen.

(518 words ~ 7:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment