Thursday, July 7, 2022

grace and courage

 Thursday, July 7, 2022 (5:03 a.m.)

Blessed God,


There were so many thoughts of You during the night. A song [♪La Isla Bonita♪] that still makes no sense to me. And three prominent words. Encanto. Grace. And courage.


Taking the last two as the most relevant for the day, I turn to Your Word. Finding them in J.B. Phillips New Testament. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17.


“May the Lord Jesus and God our Father (who has loved us and given us unending encouragement and unfailing hope by His grace) inspire you with courage and confidence in every good thing You say and do.”


Mm, yes, Dearest Father. This is a benedictive blessing [courage and confidence] on which I long to stand! Rephrased in The Message (beginning with verse 15) I ask You to seep Your Truth deeply into my being.


“So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what You were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus Himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.”


I read. Smile. Hope. Pray. Ask. Want. Turning it all to You. Singing a song [I still don’t connect with having any significance]. Standing firm on Your Word of Truth and promises. Staying my mind on You.


Lord I ask for Your grace and courage to cover me this day. Do in, with, by, through and for me all that I cannot on my own. Equip me with a fresh heart directly from You. Invigorate my work. Enliven my speech as only You are able.


Yes Dearest God. Go before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within me. Leading. Guiding. Directing. And accompanying me as we go. Be glorified in my thoughts, words and deeds, Dear Father.


I love, need and want You. Do all You must to Your good and perfect end. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(331 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment