Thursday, July 14, 2022

"affirming the Truth"

 Wednesday, July 13, 2022 (7:04 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I’m confessing to feeling a degree of sadness this morning. Thank You that I get to be this honest with You.


So often I try to pretend sad feelings away. This morning I’m asking You to help me explore them.


It’s the anniversary of my mom’s birth. Thank You for the 80 years (Psalm 90:10b) You provided her on this earth. Thank You for the love she shared with others.


Father God, I am grateful for the smile that accompanies my heart as I turn in Your Word. Seeking to “affirm the Truth that God is our source of strength. We are helpless on our own, but God is more than able to help us overcome the problems that assail us” (The Life Recovery Bible comment 1 Chronicles 29:11-12).


Having the Truth and promises of Your Word on which to meditate and stand upon I rest at ease. Trusting You to use every emotion I experience. Thank You that I no longer feel the need to fix every sadness.


Thank You that I am willing to come before You with just this twinge [or is it a tinge?] of my own human frailty. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) in accompanying me through it.


Hints of smiles continue. With each I am reminded of Your presence. Thank You Father.


Thank You for Psalm 90. A prayer of Moses, the man of God. “Lord, through all the generations You have been our home!” (v. 1).


“Seventy years are given to us! Some even eighty… Teach us to realize the brevity of life so that we may grow in wisdom” (vs. 10; 12). Mm, yes Dearest God! I want to live this day glorifying and enjoying You.


Continue Your work in me Blessed Lord. Doing all You must to Your good and Your glory.


I love, need and want You. Use me. A little sadness and all. Thank You. Praise You. You are good. And I am grateful. Amen.

(350 words ~ 8:48 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment