Thursday, July 21, 2022

Instead!

Thursday, July 21, 2022 (5:29 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


I’m here asking You to work in, with, by, through and for me today. I’m recognizing obstinance on my part. A very short-temper. I want to be agreeable. Obedient. Willing. Kind. Loving. All the things I currently am not.


Lord God, You are perfect in Your plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11). We don’t know or understand Your ways (Isaiah 55:8). Yet we know You to be good. Great. Gracious. Glorious.


Thank You. Praise You. Noticing a smile as I awoke earlier, I asked You also for a song. ♪Add Some Music♪ immediately began singing in my heart, mind and soul. Father God, You take such tender care of Your children. Thank You.


Yes! Thank You for Your provisions. Thank You for the multitude of ways we get to experience Your presence in our lives each and every single day.

(6:15 a.m.)


I behaved badly yesterday Lord. Took things personally. Left a residence without even saying good-bye. Not my best moment. Holding tightly to my “right” to be miffed. What a complete waste of the joy You would have us experience instead.


Mm, instead! Speak with me of the many mistakes I’ve made. And what You’d have me do differently. How would You have me proceed?


Matthew 5:9, The Message “You’re blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That’s when you discover who you really are, and your place in God’s family.”


The longer I sit here in Your presence the more I feel my attitude changing. In the process, I keep coming back to Isaiah.


Prompted to take five minutes and write out my heart, I’m asking You to reveal to me what is at the root of the ambivalence I am experiencing. Wanting very much to know and do what You would have me. And at the same time, shying away. Resisting. Knowing I’m to repent. And at the very same time digging in my heels instead.


Thank You Father. You never fail to remind me of Your goodness. And Your grace! There is a HUGE difference between being stubborn and surrendered. Between standing firm on Your Word and making a fuss.


I want the courage and confidence that comes from taking You at Your Word. And following through with Your guidance and direction. Yes Lord, I want to comply with Your teachings!


Do all You must. To Your good and perfect end. I love, need and want You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(403 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment