Saturday, July 2, 2022

invigorated

 Saturday, July 2, 2022 (4:47 a.m.)

Dearest, Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! I am feeling refreshed. Recharged. Renewed. Invigorated.

(5:35 a.m.)


Getting to read Your Word, I am thrilled! Excited. And eager to tell [AGOG!].


Father, You have provided us so many glimpses of Your goodness. And grace. I’m asking You to continue. Continue Your goodness, Lord. Continue teaching and empowering us to learn Your ways. Your Truth. Your love.


Turning to 1 John 4:7-21 I am reminded of Your instruction to us in Loving One Another. Thank and praise You Father. Continue perfecting us in, with, by, through and for Your love.


You alone are good. You alone are God. We are made in Your image. And we want to serve and represent You well. Enable us as only You are able.


Continuing to read and dig into Your Word, I get to explore the apostle Paul’s second letter to the Thessalonian believers. Thank You for his encouragement for them “to fulfill their day-to-day responsibilities while anticipating Christ’s return” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE).


Introduced with the reality that “The messages we receive are not always the messages that are sent” rings especially true for me these days. Still dealing with the collapse of a relationship, I continue turning to You for the help and healing that is necessary for resolution and reconciliation.


Thank You for the opportunity to remember that every single time, “I can’t!” You can! And I get to choose to let You.


The RECOVERY THEMES for this letter of Paul’s are listed as: God is the Source of Our Hope, The Importance of Perseverance and God’s Power and Presence. Thank You Lord that we have Your Word in which to turn.


Paul’s words, “So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus Himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech” (2 Thessalonians 2:15-17).


Let’s also remember the Truth we find in Psalm 119. “GOD, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me - my whole life one long, obedient response. Guide me down the road of Your commandments; I love traveling this freeway! Give me an appetite for Your words of wisdom, and not for piling up loot. Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets, invigorate me on the pilgrim way. Affirm Your promises to me - promises made to all who fear You. Deflect the harsh words of my critics - but what You say is always good. See how hungry I am for Your counsel; preserve my life through Your righteous ways!” (vs. 33-40 The Message).


Oh yes most blessed God! Invigorate me through Your loving Truth!


Verses 169-176 continue my plea. “Let my cry come right into Your presence, GOD; provide me with the insight that comes only from Your Word. Give my request Your personal attention, rescue me on the terms of Your promise. Let praise cascade off my lips; after all, You’ve taught me the Truth about life! And let Your promises ring from my tongue; every order You’ve given is right. Put Your hand out and steady me since I’ve chosen to live by Your counsel. I’m homesick, GOD, for Your salvation; I love it when You show Yourself! Invigorate my soul so I can praise You well, use Your decrees to put iron in my soul. And should I wander off like a lost sheep - seek me! I’ll recognize the sound of Your voice.”


Oh yes Blessed God! Iron in my soul. Recognizing the sound of Your voice. Thanking and praising You as I go.


Use me this day Dearest Lord. Exactly as You alone know is best. I love, want and need You. Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You. Amen.


(681 words ~ 7:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment