Thursday, July 14, 2022

necessary sadness

 Thursday, July 14, 2022 (5:44 a.m.)

Thank and Praise You Blessed God!


You let me feel sad yesterday. True, deep, necessary sadness. I didn’t understand it. Wanted desperately to avoid it. All the way until I knew I needed it.


You insulated me Lord. Preparing me for the devastating news You knew was to come.


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


How could I ever have known that the sadness I just couldn’t shake was actually a gift from You? A cocoon if You will. Protecting me. Enabling, empowering and emboldening me to face reports of a sudden, completely unexpected death in our family.

(6:54 a.m.)


While fully aware that I was without a song in my heart yesterday, I spent no time attempting to manufacture one. Much earlier this morning I awoke with one I’ve yet to truly explore. Talk [or sing] with me concerning it I ask.


Tears are forming. Thoughts are scattered. There is much chatter. Speculation. Buzz as to why a much loved one would take his own life. You and he alone know the exact details Dearest Father. How I ask that You would truly allow him to rest in Your all encompassing peace.


Lord God, I thank You for encasing me in Your necessary sadness that I would be able to accept such unfathomable news. You are good Father. Great. Glorious. And gracious. It is in You I trust. And depend.


Why I’m singing ♪Lazy Day♪ has yet to be revealed. I’m taking it as another gift from You. A genuine opportunity to sing and be comforted.


Reading in and of Your Psalms, I am grateful for all that is written in regards to “Let[ting] everything that breathes sing praise to the LORD!” (Psalm 150:6). Father, thank You for infusing this huge, necessary sadness many are feeling with elements of Your perfect love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And strength of Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a).


Yes Lord. Now back to this song that continues reminding me of the importance of rejoicing in You ALWAYS! (Philippians 4:4).


♪Blue sky, sunrise What a day to take a walk in the park Ice cream, daydream Till the sky becomes a blanket of stars What a day for picking daisies And lots of red balloons And what a day for holdin’ hands And bein’ with YOU♪


Yes Lord I want to be lazy with You this day. Trusting the joy that You provide in the simplest things. ♪Flowers bloomin’, children sayin’ hello Rowboats, bird notes People smilin’ everywhere that we go What a day to be together And what a sky of blue And what a day for thinkin’ right out loud I LOVE YOU♪


‘Cause I do Lord. I DO love You! I need, depend, trust, want all You have to offer us. Continue Your work in melting, molding and making me into all You alone know is best. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(505 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment