Tuesday, July 26, 2022

"Greetings!"

 Tuesday, July 26, 2022 (6:23 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Good morning. Thank You. I love You.

(6:53 a.m.)

Mm, yes! Good morning!


Searching ways to greet You in the morning leads me to Jesus’ Easter greeting to the Marys leaving His empty tomb (Matthew 28:9). “Hail!” “Rejoice!” “Shalom!” “Hello.” “Good morning!” “Greetings!” “Peace be with you.” “God save you.” “Receive joy.”


Contemplating these various ways of expressing His greeting to the women, it’s their response to His resurrection that I want to emulate. The Message (v.8) describes “The women, deep in wonder and full of joy, lost no time in leaving the tomb. They ran to tell the disciples.”


I confess Dearest Lord, I drag my feet. Hesitate. Vacillate. Delay. These women did not. Their reaction to the angel’s presence was immediate. New Living Translation, “The women ran quickly from the tomb. They were very frightened but also filled with great joy, and they rushed to give the disciples the angel’s message.”


Father, I want to have that kind of obedience. Their response as Jesus greeted them? “… they ran to Him, grasped His feet, and worshiped Him” (v. 9b). Yes Lord. I want that kind of trust and devotion.


Thank You for the opportunity to learn more. I love You. I need You. I want You. Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me. Do all You must in making me into the devoted, obedient woman You would have me be.


You know our needs. Our wants. Align them with all You have to provide. You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. And we are truly grateful for all You have given. Thank You. Praise You. Use us. Amen.

(286 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment