Monday, July 11, 2022

"Thank You, God"

 Monday, July 11, 2022 (6:40 a.m.)

Blessed Holy God,


I’m saying thank You. Because I want to. I have choices. Bless? Or curse? Give thanks? Or complain.


Yes. I want to learn to say, “Thank You, God” in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Because that’s what Your Word teaches us.


I confess to You Dearest Lord, being thankful is sometimes easier than others. You are teaching me the importance of looking past the present circumstances and trusting You to be at work in them.

(7:37 a.m.)


Digging into Your Word. Truly wanting the power only You provide. The smile on my face is genuine. The peace in my heart (Philippians 4:7) is palpable. Thank You God for teaching me to want to say, “Thank You, God.”


Thinking one verse for giving thanks was enough, my head practically spins as I turn to another. Reading and wanting more! Reminded of all the things over which I have little to no control, how truly grateful I am to turn toward You (Revelation 3:19).


I, myself, can do nothing of value on my own. It is only in You. With You. By You. Through You. And for You that our efforts have power. It truly is in You I trust this day.


Father I am asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7) for Your correction and discipline. I want my will to align with Yours for me. Being eager to do right. With a changed mind and heart.


Do all You must in reminding me that although I can’t do all, You can! And I can choose to let You be the Almighty God that You truly are. I want to “worry about nothing. Pray about everything. Always giving thanks for all You have provided” (Philippians 4:6).


Thank You for increasing my desire to seek You, Your strength and Your face. Continually (1 Chronicles 16:11).


Thank You for teaching me. Loving me. Wanting me. Do all You must in melting us. Molding us. Filling us. And using us to Your good. And to Your glory. ♪Spirit of the Living God♪ fall afresh on me (Galatians 5:16).


Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You. I love, need and want You. Amen.

(377 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment