Monday, February 7, 2022

unmerited favor

 Monday, February 7, 2022 (6:07 a.m.)

Holy God,


There’s another song. A few notes at a time. Nearing an hour later and I still don’t have enough to catch the tune. Again I turn to You asking. Seeking. Knocking.


I confess Dear Lord, it’s neither earth shattering nor life changing, just bothersome. ♪Da, da, da, DA, da, da, da, da, di, daa…♪ Let me leave it here with You and move on.


I love You Lord. I’m grateful for the work You are doing in changing me. Here I request that You continue teaching me to listen to and for You. Learning. Obeying. Finding favor with You.


Your unmerited favor Lord. Described as “demonstrated delight.” Oh I want to know more.


Reading in and of Your Word, there are so many verses from which to learn. Right now I’m reading Do What is Good (Titus 3:1-5) and I want to obey Paul’s call to Titus “to be faithful in applying the grace of God to various circumstances” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE).


Lord, I find You woven into my consciousness. Right here in reading “For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with self-control, right conduct, and devotion to God (Titus 2:11-12).


Yes please Lord! The Message details Your “readiness to forgive is now public. Salvation’s available for everyone! We’re being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life… starting right now, whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. He offered Himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people He can be proud of, energetic in goodness” (vs.11-14).


We did not do these things for You. You did them all for us. Continue Your work in me Lord. Making me “obedient, always ready to do what is good” (3:1). Not speaking evil of anyone. Avoiding quarrels. Being gentle and showing true humility (vs. 2).


I have been foolish and disobedient. Misled. “Stupid and stubborn, easy marks for sin, ordered every which way by our glands, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back. But when God, our kind and loving Savior God, stepped in, He saved us from all that. It was all His doing; we had nothing to do with it” (The Message).


It is all Your unmerited favor, Lord!


“He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. God’s gift [Christ and His unmerited favor/demonstrated delight] has restored our relationship with Him and given us back our lives (3:3-7).


You’ve provided us our every need. I want to live this day in obedience to Your will and to Your way. I love You. I want You. I need You. And I thank You. Do all You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(539 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment