Saturday, February 5, 2022

Perfect God

 Saturday, February 5, 2022 (6:31 a.m.)

Loving Lord,


Thank You. You are great. Glorious. Good. Gracious. Perfect.


Mm. Yes. You are perfect, God. Thank You that You are.


Thank You that we get to turn in Your Word. Actively seeking what You have to say to us.


This morning? Romans 1:25. Your reminder to me that my behavior has again become out of control.


Easy-to-Read Version. “They [people who wanted only to do evil] traded the truth of God for a lie. They bowed down and worshiped the things God made instead of worshiping the God who made those things. He is the One who should be praised forever. Amen.”


Oh yes Dearest God! How easily our focus moves from You, our Creator, to created things. Forgive us Lord.


Realizing that I have again fallen back into the trap of random, mindless, out of control choices, You reaffirm my need for You. Your will. Your way.


Drawn to the star in the footnote margin of The Life Recovery Bible I know that I’ve been here before. “1:21-32 When we refuse to admit our powerlessness and hold on to our self-sufficiency, we follow the downward path that Paul describes here.” Hello! It’s me again.


“… This passage describes lives that have become totally unmanageable, the natural consequence of refusing to acknowledge God. The only way to escape such destruction is to recognize our powerlessness and turn our life over to God.” Oh, amen Dear Lord!


I confess to once more playing around with thinking I’ve got this and I can stop anytime I want. I can’t! My choices are completely off the charts. I need You Dear Lord. To do in, with, by, through and for me that which only You can.


I’m asking You to keep me honest before You. You are perfect. I am nowhere near. I am, however, created in Your image (Genesis 1:27). With the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) available to me.


Perfect God, I want to walk with You, and talk with You, and believe that I am Your own. Let the ♪joy we share as we tarry there♪ [In the Garden (John 20:20] be like that ♪None other has ever known♪


Perfect, Loving God make it so I ♪Turn [my] Eyes upon Jesus, Look[ing] full in His wonderful face; And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace♪


I love You. I need You. I want You. Use me. Thank You. Amen.


(429 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment