Wednesday, February 2, 2022

faith to follow

 Wednesday, February 2, 2022 (8:14 a.m.)

Holy God,


There was another song. Long before my eyes even opened. Again I wondered, “What? Why?”


As the first verse continues its refrain, once more I’m considering whether it’s me singing to You. Or vice versa.


♪There’ll Never Be Anyone Else But You for me Never ever be Just couldn’t be Anyone else but You♪

(11:55 a.m.)


With the song found, printed out and practiced on the piano, I’m again turning to Your Word to see where You and I will go together. Restoration for Jerusalem and Cyrus, the LORD’s Chosen One (Isaiah 44:21-45:13). 


Holy God, how I thank You for capturing my heart. Stirring my soul. Renewing my mind. And directing my way. How I long to glorify and enjoy You forever!


(1:05 p.m.)

Dear Lord,


There’s so much to read. So much to learn. Thank You for every opportunity You provide in sharing Your extravagance with others.


Returning to Isaiah, I read of You as our Redeemer and Rock (44:6, 8). The Life Recovery Bible comment for 44:21-28 ends its explanation of these verses by saying, “If God could name the king who would allow Israel to rebuild Jerusalem 150 years before he came to power, God can do anything in our life to bring about recovery.”


Amen to that Dear Lord!


Having taken a pagan king like Cyrus and using him for Your purposes without him even knowing it, another comment (45:1-6) contends we “imagine how much more He [You] can do with us who trust in Him! There are great possibilities with God. We need to have the faith to follow Him.”


Yes! Faith to follow You. This I continue asking. To Your good and to You glory.


I love You. Let me sing even louder the song from this morning. ♪There’ll never be anyone else But You for me Never ever be Just couldn’t be AnyOne else but You♪


Use me as You know is best. Singing. Smiling. Standing firm on Your promises. Staying my mind on Your Word. Thank You. Praise You. Amen!


(359 words ~ 2:03 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment