Wednesday, February 23, 2022

♪Awesome God♪

 Wednesday, February 23, 2022 (5:38 a.m.)

Awesome God,


Thank You that we get to know You 

(7:25 a.m.)


Just as I was preparing to say “... know You as awesome” I got sidetracked. Searching “our God as awesome” there were so many directions from which to choose.


♪Awesome God♪ being the first. Reading about the song and its writer I truly got lost in the details.


Father, I am asking You to again corral my thoughts. Remembering in great detail the first time ever hearing this worship song sung I’m practically transported back in time.


The tears stinging my eyes come from quite deep inside. Well over thirty years ago, I see and hear it all in my mind’s eye as if it were happening right now.


Pacific Palisades, Ca. Clear blue sky. A myriad of pine trees. The pack of young campers heard boisterously singing long before cresting the small hill over which they playfully marched into view. Energized after their week of learning about Jesus’ love for each of them. Loudly proclaiming Your Truth in song.


♪Our God is an awesome God He reigns from heaven above With wisdom, power and love Our God is an awesome God♪


Dearest, Awesome God, thank You for Your Truth. Learned. Remembered. Proclaimed. More tears. Heart cracked wide open. I want more Lord. More of Your wisdom. More of Your power. More of Your love.


I depend on You to supply our every need. I love when I smile while reading and trusting Your Word to be true.


Sent to 2 Chronicles 20:15 because of ♪The Battle Belongs to the Lord♪ I am truly blessed by another reminder “to trust in God’s power” (The Life Recovery Bible’s comment). We are not to be afraid. Nor discouraged. The battle isn’t ours. It’s Yours. You are our Victor.


Thank You, Father. Praise You, Lord. I love You. I need You. I want You. I ask You to do all You must to increase my trust in Your wisdom, power and love.


Continue conforming me to Your leadership and guidance. Make it so I truly “Believe in the LORD [my] God” that I “will be able to stand firm” (v. 20). Yes please! I appreciate Your awesomeness. Amen.

(365 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment