Sunday, February 20, 2022

truly delightful

 Sunday, February 20, 2022 (5:20 a.m.)


Endearingly delightful. Or is it delightfully endearing?

(5:55 a.m.)


Holy God, You provided me witness to generations of the Truth of Your Word in action yesterday. Drawn together to celebrate the 100th birthday of a much loved one, delightful was the word with which I came away. Truly delightful.


Adult children who had absolutely been raised to “honor thy father and thy mother” (Exodus 20:12) fully exhibited the fruit of their parents’ labor. How blessed I am to have experienced such an example throughout my life.


Father God, the tears are streaming as I once again thank You for Your existence in our lives. Praise You for the opportunity to have been there in person to see first hand a description from Illustrated Bible Handbook played out in real time.


From Exodus “Chapter 20. The Ten Commandments 5. Honor father and mother: 12. Respect for parents and the integrity of the family is seen as basic to a holy and healthy community.”


They've exhibited it often throughout the years Lord. A loving, healthy community of siblings playing nicely with one another. Truly representing what their parents had done for them.


Moving now into the fifth generation of offspring, Your Truth continues being well modeled. Proverbs 29:17. “Discipline your children; you’ll be glad you did - they’ll turn out delightful to live with” (The Message).


The parents did. The children are. And I’ve been blessed to see it happen. Thank You God.


Teach me in using such examples as yesterday going forward. I love You Lord. I thank You. I need You. I want You. Do all You must in refining me to Your image. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(289 words ~ 6:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment