Sunday, February 13, 2022

"both/and"

 Sunday, February 13, 2022 (6:23 a.m.)


There’s another song God. I have several notes. And every once in awhile ♪Love God and Love People♪ seems to erupt. I’m asking You to do what only You can here Lord. Either let me know what it is, or 


Oh Dear Lord,


That seems very much like the beginning of an ultimatum. Absolutely NOT the way I ever want to approach You! “Both/and” is a new to me construct. Thank You for the various ways You bring Your Truth into our days.

(8:40 a.m.)


All this time later, I feel exhausted. An in-depth phone call covering many wonders and opinions took a lot out of me. Right here I can bring even this to You.


While I’ve lost the original notes from earlier, I’m now singing ♪But that was yesterday and Yesterday’s Gone♪ Rather than choosing one or the other, I’m asking You to be glorified in both my thinking and my singing.


Lord, we are surrounded by Your Truth. Continue Your work in making me both aware and obedient to Your teachings.


Holy God, I’m asking You to guide both my reading and my understanding. Directed to explore Jonah’s experience with ‘the extent of Your grace’ I get to learn again that You are “the God of both law and grace - of both judgment and mercy (The God of Both, And…).


Thank You Lord for changing my approach with You this morning. Do in, with, by, through and for me all that You know is best. I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank You. Use me. Both to Your good and to Your glory. Praise You. Amen.


(285 words ~ 9:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment