Monday, February 21, 2022

basking

 Monday, February 21, 2022 (5:52 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. Thank You for this privilege. To love and be loved by You.

(6:21 a.m.)


Father, thank You that I get to sit here basking in Your Truth. Reading of and trusting in Your love. John, the apostle of love’s first letter. Written as an invitation to “come and journey into joy” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


I confess to feeling a little ‘off’ this morning Lord. It could be the change in weather. Or the news of the world. But when I put my focus back on You, a smile comes. And just like that [snap!] the song from earlier!


Aaron Lines’ ♪Love Changes Everything… Na na na na… Oh, it’s amazing how love changes everything♪ It’s so true Blessed God! How deeply and profoundly I thank and praise You for Your call to love and be loved by You.

(6:55 a.m.)


Oh, would You just look at this? Reading more about “the disciple Jesus loved” I am reminded “how beautifully John’s own transformation testifies to the truth of his teaching.”


It was Jesus Himself who took “the volatile, self-centered John and transform[ed] him into the tender and sensitive person we know through his writings.” Thank You Father. The smile on my face, heart and soul is genuine. Unforced. Real. A true representation of Your work in and on each of us.


I ask You to keep it up. Continue molding us to Your likeness. Guard me from anything that might take Your place in my heart (1 John 5:21).


Thank You for reminding me that I love You because You first loved us (1 John 4:19). Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me this day that I will freely and effectively share Your love with others.


Thank You God. Praise You Father. Use me as only You know is best. I love You. Amen.

(328 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment