Sunday, February 6, 2022

letting it be by letting go

 Sunday, February 6, 2022 (7:20. a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! How blessed am I by the music You bring to me. Thank You for the opportunity to learn more about the songs that sing to me. And the meanings behind why they were written.


Thank You God that the playlist this morning started by remembering the ways You’ve been working with me. ♪Watch What Happens♪ sings to me about trusting You.


♪There’ll Never Be AnyOne Else But You for me Never ever be Just couldn’t be AnyOne else but You♪ reminds me of how precious Your love is. Thank You for wanting us to know You so personally.


Then I had the privilege of inviting Your Holy Spirit to take over all aspects of this day. ♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord♪ Comforting thoughts of longing for Your glory and being overcome by Your presence are such optimal ways to start the day. Praise You Lord!


And then “♪Let It Be♪ Another secular song that has Your Truth in its undertones. Yes Father. I see no other “words of wisdom” as more important than Yours!


Directed to Psalm 37, I get to read not only of the importance of not worrying or envying but also of the power found in letting go of worldly concerns. And in waiting and trusting You.


Lord God, how I thank You for Your Truth. Thank You for the passion and pursuit others have for sharing Your Truth with the world.


As I pause to consider all Psalm 46:10 [being still and knowing] has to offer, I am reminded that there is purpose in the waiting. And with this Truth? Psalm 27:14. “Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.”


How often I forget that “You’ve got this [whatever ‘this’ may be at any given time].” And us! Our call is to trust You. Pray. “Be still and know…” [wait]. Repeat.


(10:03 a.m.)


Oh how I thank and praise You Dearest Lord for ALL the ways You speak [and sing] Your loving Truth to us throughout each and everyday. Lasting friendships. Kindness of strangers. You’re here in it all.


Now to The Life Recovery Bible footnote for Psalm 27:11-14. No. First, verse 11. “Teach me how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.”


Oh how deeply I praise and thank You for Your Truth throughout David’s life!


“Because temptations press in around us, we need to learn how God wants us to act in the midst of such pressures. He wants to become the stabilizing factor in our life. Apart from Him we have no power against the things that once put us in bondage. We must determine, one day at a time, to follow God, patiently and confidently waiting for Him to protect and lead us.”


Father God, I’m asking You to guide me this day. In acceptance [wind, I can’t control]. In forgiveness [of myself and others]. Ultimately letting the day be all You have ordained. By letting go of my own expectations.


I love You God. I thank You. I need You. I want You. Praise You. Amen.


(564 words ~ 10:28 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment