Friday, November 1, 2019

keep me keeping on


Friday, November 1, 2019 (6:09 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

Thank You. Praise You. Bless You.

Over twelve hours of rest. Yes. 12 hours. Thank You.

There was a lot of emotion yesterday. Some commitment. A small degree of helpfulness. Followed by a huge dose of seemingly helpless awkwardness.

Thank You that You were there in it all. And afterwards as well.

Yes Father. Thank You.

Normally I have a tendency. To think of the mistakes I’ve made and build on them. Mercilessly. This was again the case yesterday. Until these past few very early morning hours.

The recitation had begun again. Best intentions. Error. What coulda/woulda/shoulda been said or done differently. Self-flagellation. And repeat.

Thank You Father for stepping in to remind me that You’ve got this. ALL of this! Yes Lord. I’m going to continue making mistakes. And You’ve got it. Whatever “it” may be at the time.

Holy God, I love You so much. Far too often I get caught in the despair cycle. Thank You for every single time You release me from it. Just like when I think I want to give up and quit, You come alongside reminding me to “be strong with the Lord’s mighty power” (Ephesians 6:10).

Lord, I confess to the ease with which I fold. Crumple. Withdraw. Thank You that You call us to “Be faithful, even unto death” (Revelation 2:10). And You don’t expect us to do it on our own. You provide for our every need.

So, here I am asking You to keep me keeping on. Yes Dearest God. Many are the times I hear myself say out loud, “That’s it!” “I quit.” “Uncle.” And You remind me to cry out instead, “DADDY!”

Yes! Daddy God, keep me keeping on. I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You.

“With God’s power working in us, He can do much, much more than anything we can ask or think of” (Ephesians 3:20). Thank You Father. You’ve got us! Amen.
(339 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment