Saturday, November 30, 2019

blessing after blessing


Wednesday, November 27, 2019 (6:56 a.m.)
Approaching Puerto de Ensenada, MX
Holy God,

It’s exhausting. Seemingly constant, never-ending questions and complaining. Is this what it’s like for You with us?

You provide blessing after blessing and we tend to point out all we think is missing. Forgive us Lord.

You created us to be loving, obedient and grateful. And what does our behavior show You in return? Loud. Unruly. Chaos.

Thank You Father. Thank You for this opportunity to learn so much more of all the things I do not know. Or understand.

Today I ask You to provide me the ready willingness to call upon Your name. Rather than continuing in my own direction. Let me truly experience what it is to hope in You. I long to fully place my trust in You.

“Hope versus expectation” is the thought with which I awoke much earlier. I am here to help. You are here to provide. Our every single need.

Holy Lord God, we are in desperate need of Your presence. In every single aspect of this day. In all the forms of chaos, crisis and confusion I ask to see You. Somewhere.

Yes Father. Let me see Your face. Your hand. Your provision. Reminding me that we are Yours. And that You are good. All the time.

Here I turn to 1 Corinthians 14:33 remembering that You are not a God of disorder but of peace. Asking that You will work in me this day. With me. By, through and for me that I will truly exemplify what it is to ‘do everything properly and in order’ (v. 40).

I love You Father. I am asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) for the perseverance You provide. The love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control produced in us by Your Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a).

We are legitimately at our wit’s end. Completely overwhelmed and at a loss as to what to do next.

We love You Lord. We need You to provide all that we lack. Wisdom. Guidance. Knowledge. Understanding. Patience. Persistence. Blessing after blessing. All that You know is best. That we would truly live this day for You.

Thank You Father. Please “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20b) Give us Your grace (v. 21). We are in absolute need of You. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.
(402 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment