Saturday, November 30, 2019

four hours later


Sunday, November 24, 2019 (10:04 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Praise You.

Four hours ago those words were being said toYou with gusto. Now? Much more feebly.

Yet with a smile. Albeit somewhat forced.

I wrestled with You through most of the night. Thinking. Praying. Singing. Asking. Wanting so much to get back to sleep. And then? Surrender!

Yes Father, I got to see such a HUGE error in my ways of the past few days. Number one? Not taking time alone with You as my first and most important opportunity.

Number two? Thinking I knew best. An unwillingness to look outside my own box of expectations.

Then You reminded me. ♪I Surrender All♪ and ♪I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God… You split the sea so I could walk right through it… I am a child of God♪

As Your child, most heavenly Father, I am in desperate need of ALL You have to offer. Teamwork. A Master [YOU as Master here!] plan. And a ton of mercy and grace.

Father I confess to attempting to travel this most recent adventure [currently and most endearingly entitled “Chasing Monsters”] in my own strength and power. Thank You for reminding me that nothing good ever comes from not coming to You first.

So here I am Lord. A bit deflated from the courageous woman You had me remembering myself as being. You know the one? From Proverbs 31. Ideal to say the least. “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future” (25).

It’s in You, Lord! My life. My strength. My hope. It’s all in You. ♪I will praise You with all of my heart I will praise You with all of my hope With all of my life, and all of my strength All of my hope is in You♪

I give You our “Chasing Monsters” adventure Lord. Asking You to bless us and keep us: Make Your face shine upon us, and be gracious to us: Look on us with favor, and give us peace (Numbers 6: 24-26).

We need You Father. Thank You for loving us. Empower us for the duration. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(375 words ~ 10:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment