Tuesday, November 19, 2019

redoubling my surrender


Sunday, November 17, 2019 (7:49 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You that we are home. Safe. And sound.
(9:40 a.m.)
Oh look! I have a smile. Deep. Genuine. Sincere.

Father God, how I thank You for Your goodness and Your grace. Thank You for the freedom we find in You.

I confess to feeling unsettled. Trips tend to have that effect on me. With that said, I am thanking You for Your Truth.

Yes Father. Thank You that I get to confess my thoughts and feelings to You as I become aware of them. Thank You especially that You use Your Word to guide those same thoughts and feelings into Your Truth.

Sensing all that is going on within me at one time, my immediate thinking was that I needed to try harder. Redouble my efforts. Your swift counter to that erroneous way of thinking is that I am to redouble my surrender.

Yes Lord. Surrender. ♪I Surrender All♪ Mm. Lead me Father. Guide and direct me into Your Word.

John 14:1. The Passion Translation. “[Jesus Comforts His Disciples] ‘Don’t worry or surrender to your fear. For you’ve believed in God, now trust and believe in me also.’”

Mm, yes Father. If I am truly going to redouble my surrender, make that surrender to You! Not to fear. But to FAITH! Trusting and believing in Jesus. What will that be like?

Trusting and believing in God the Father and Jesus the Son. This is where I lay down the doubts and fears and second guessing of myself that is going on inside. I love You Lord.

I long to trust and follow You. Turning from my own fearfulness to Your loving eternal FAITHfulness. Yes Father. ♪I Surrender All♪

Inhabit my heart, soul, mind and strength. Making it so I live this day for You. Yes. In You. With You. By You. And through You.

Use me exactly as You know is best. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(335 words ~ 10:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment